12th Annual Murder, Mayhem & Misadventure Walking Tour
(October 20, 2018 10am-4pm)
A Walk Through Time
Please join us for the 12th annual Murder, Mayhem & Misadventure Walking Tour October 20th, (10am-4pm) at Historic Oakwood Cemetery. The free tours cover the chilling, untimely deaths of “residents” of Oakwood portrayed by actors at their grave sites.
The 45 minute tours highlight historical – not scary – events from the 1870s-1930s and showcase a wealth of information from the Austin History Center and local Austin sites. Tours start every 15-20 minutes between 10 am-3:15pm at the blue tents erected for the tour. Kids under adult supervision are welcome, but please leave your pets at home and wear closed-toed shoes.
We are looking for volunteers to help with a variety of tasks:
- Tour guides! - 10:00AM-12:00PM, 12:00-2:00PM, 2:00-4:00PM
- Set-up crew (help set up tents, tables, chairs, signs) 8:30-10:00AM
- Sign-in/hospitality table - 10:00AM-12:00PM, 12:00-2:00PM, 2:00-4:00PM
- Book Sales table - 10:00AM-12:00PM, 12:00-2:00PM, 2:00-4:00PM
- Clean-up crew - 4:00PM-5:00PM
You do not need to be a member to volunteer. You are more than welcome to sign up for multiple tasks and time slots. Bring a friend, and volunteer together!
Please email us if you would like to help and/or if you have any questions.