Located at 3304 East 12th St @ Airport Blvd, Evergreen/Highland Park
Cemetery was established in 1926 as a 30 acre parcel with 12,000+
burials. Historically it has been an African-American cemetery,
receiving approximately 230 burials annually.
Highland Park Cemetery was established in 1891 and used for pauper burials. It was closed for paupers in 1893 and was never opened as far as we know for regular interments. In 1926, the southern half of the proposed Highland Park Cemetery that contains over 150 pauper burials was purchased as Evergreen Cemetery.