APRIL 9TH 10:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M: Cemetery Tour at Oakwood Cemetery.
- 1601 Navasota St, Austin, TX 78702
- Members of Save Austin's Cemeteries, history enthusiasts, and descendants will be on hand to talk about and guide tours to the grave sites of people who helped in Texas' fight for independence and statehood.
- A Tombstone Cleaning Demonstration is also scheduled.
- Sidewalks run along the main road at Oakwood, but some paths you might walk along are made of gravel and/or dirt/grass. Please keep that in mind when choosing your footwear for the tours.
- Pets are not allowed in COA-owned cemeteries, so please make plans to leave your dogs, pigs, and other leashed friends at home that morning.